- Human Trafficking - 21 Million Victims Worldwide. Amazingly, many within highly developed countries including the US.
- Crack Cocaine, crystal meth and other instantly addictive drugs. Why are these part of the LCD syndrome group? Well, if we think about it, if a drug is so instantly addictive that just one or two uses instantly imprisons the user into a rapid downward spiral of addiction, eventually leading to a complete decimation of their lives and possibly death, could it get any worse? Hence, Crack Cocaine and other instantly addictive drugs definitely fall into the LCD syndrome group.
- Invoiced killings - In Pakistan, there are thousands of reported incidents where, an invoice or 'Parchi' is given by a gang member to a member of the public. It could be anyone, not necessarily a wealthy person. The value of the invoice can vary. The recipient is given instructions on when and how to pay. If payment is not made, the person is killed. There is no question or negotiation involved, just a straightforward killing, often in public. Definitely LCD syndrome operating here. The perpetrators are not serial murderers, rapists or people who are mentally sick or abused. These are rational people, able to make choices and well thought-out decisions who simply decide that if the law allows it, or where the law overlooks it, they can more or less go to the level of LCD in whichever activity they decide to engage in. And it is precisely because they are rational and capable of deciding for themselves what is right or wrong, yet willingly opt to stoop to the lowest levels of depravity, that makes such events and acts such a very sad indictment of our modern world.
- People living in the sewers of Colombia and Brazil to escape being killed on the streets by private security companies hired to provide 'social cleansing' services.
- And the list goes on...........and on................and on......................
Why is there this 'duality' in the nature of man? What happens when LCD behaviour becomes the norm in the societies of the future? What happens when todays children and tomorrows adults become de-sensitized to the atrocities? What then?
Comments Are Welcome: